Our Health Education Team leads workshops at a wide range of community settings to diverse audiences across the Twin Cities metro. Our goal is to make our classes inclusive, age-appropriate, and fun! The Health Ed Team is eager and able to work with any demographic of young people. There are a few groups of people that we have developed extra skills in working with:
- LGBTQ communities—Every lesson is inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer people. LGBTQ people are not a special topic, but a regular part of life and sexual health.
- People with developmental disabilities—Everyone deserves relevant health information, taught to them in a way that is developmentally appropriate. The Health Ed Team teaches regularly at several area schools for people with developmental disabilities.
- Underrepresented communities—The majority of the people who use our services are Black or African American. The Health Ed Team is committed to a culturally competent way of delivering reproductive health information to all.
Topics for our most popular workshops:
- Healthy relationships
- Sexual and gender identity
- Anatomy and puberty
- Negotiation and communication
- Birth control methods
- HIV/STI prevention
We provide two evidence-based interventions that allow us to work with youth in a one to one setting. All health ed services are provided free of charge. This is possible through support from the Minnesota Department of Health.
Health Educators are able to provide FREE rapid HIV testing to all community members! Testing takes less than 15 minutes and your results are ready right then!